Something to think about . . .

Lately I have been feeling incredibly sad. Tired. Just downright grumpy. I haven't been posting a lot and my bedroom is a mess;  I'm behind on my schoolwork and I don't understand Spanish infinitives. :( I have prayed a lot, and Jesus restored my joy. I have confided in my friends and they encourage me. My wonderful baby sister Ruthie just recently asked me, "Em, why you sad?" I just nodded towards her and whispered, "it's something you wouldn't understand yet."
 Ruthie looked up glumly and then laid her sweet little head on my lap. "It's okay, shweetie," she smiled softly. Then she got up and cupped my chin with her two little, chubby hands, like I do to her when she's sad. That reminded me of three things. One, how tots adorbs my little sister is :) and two, how the Bible tells us to weep with those who weep. Ruthie saw me sad and instantly felt sad too and tried to comfort me, although she had now way of knowing that. Which goes along with three :  Ruthie followed my past example of comforting her when she's sad. Just as she followed my example of comfort, she can also follow my bad example of fits and talking back towards my mom. Everything we do has a cycle. So why don't we try harder to provide good examples for those younger than us? I challenge you to try to provide a good, biblical example in everything you do for the rest of the week. Who will except?


Comments

  1. Aw :) what a sweet story. Thanks for sharing Emma!
    Grace

    theshortendofthings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love to! And I'm expecting a new post from you too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was so profound, sweet Emma. Thank you- I needed this tonight. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey! I'm so glad you're commenting on this post. But please, no offensive language or rude messages towards the writer (me) or other commenters. Otherwise, I'll disapprove of it and it will be deleted.
~Emma